It is morning.
I know for many it can be tough to muster that “get up and go” feeling. Maybe your sleep was poor and your usual energy level just isn’t there. When you face the mirror, you do not like what you see. It seems as if the weight is just piling on and your love handles are more present than ever before. If only there were a way to bring a little more love into your life, then maybe you wouldn’t feel so down.
The wardrobe is the same old, same old – boring. Is it going to be brown or black today? Perhaps you will get wild and combine the two.
Now for breakfast, what to eat? You have about 30 seconds to spare, considering you should have left for work a half hour ago. While weighing your options you remember that, “to lose weight – 30 grams of protein within 30 minutes of waking up”. Eggs are a decent option, but simply take too long. Instead, start your morning off right with the Mercurial Green Goddess Smoothie.
This healthy morning beverage will help to:
- Get the energy flowing
- Remove negativity
- Open up the liver detoxification pathway
- Improve brain clarity and focus
Mercurial Green Goddess Smoothie Recipe:
1cup organic spinach
¼ cup fresh organic dill
1 cup almond breeze or homemade almond milk
2 tablespoons of Metagenics ultra-clear Inflamax
3 tablespoons of lecithin (liquid or tablets)
1 pear (organic, cored)
Avocado and 1 strawberry for garnish
1.) Combine all ingredients in Vitamix or blender. Mix for 2 minutes.
2.) Pour into an exotic glass and garnish with a sliver of avocado and the strawberry on
a skewer stick.
3.) Inhale and breathe in the dill as you prepare to drink. Focus on your
intention and what you wish to manifest today.
4.) Drink and experience your day unfold as you manifest your heart’s desires.
What are the key ingredients good for?
– Spinach is a great antioxidant with a high content of vitamin A, C and beta-carotene.
– Antioxidants reduce free radicals that age the body and predispose us to potential cancer.
– Spinach also contains free scavenging manganese, copper, zinc, vitamin E, selenium; and energy boosting B1, B2, niacin, calcium, phosphorous, and fiber to cleanse the body and lower your triglycerides and cholesterol.
– Spinach lowers homocycteine levels. Next time you go to the doctor ask your doctor to check your homocystiene levels.
– Spinach promotes heart health, great vision, and brain health.
– Dill promotes liver detoxification and promotes production of glutathione.
– Pears, in keeping with the theme, will give you more antioxidant bang for your buck.
– Pear’s high fiber will help eliminate constipation. It will also bind to cancer causing chemicals in the colon and help to prevent colon cancer.
– Pears are considered the number one food to introduce to babies, due to their low hypoallergenic factors.
Almonds are amazing! They are an oxymoron. They are a high fat food that lowers LDL (bad cholesterol).
- Almonds are a great evening snack to promote sleep and calmness, due to their high tryptophan content.
- Almonds can help lower predisposition and prevent gallstones.
- Research has shown women who eat one ounce of almonds per day experienced 25% less gallstones. 3- Lecithin is a fat that will help support liver health
The collections of smoothies I will present over the next couple of months are designed to enhance different aspects of life.