Courtesy Jaconello Health Centre for Nutritional and Preventive Medicine
- 1 cup ground raw walnuts
- 1 cup pitted dates, soaked in alkaline water for 15 min
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked for 20 min, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups shredded apples (any variety)
- 2½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup fresh apple juice
- ½ cup shredded coconut for garnishing
- 2⁄3 cup raisins, dried figs, or prunes (your choice!)
- 2 scoops of 7.2 protein shake powder
- Using a food processor, mix 2/3 of the shredded coconut, all the walnuts, dates, and sunflower seeds and 1 scoop of protein shake powder until it’s well-mixed.
- Once smooth enough, press the mixture into a pie shell to make your crust. Set aside.
- Place the grated apples in a large mixing bowl. Blend the cinnamon, the second scoop of protein shake powder with apple juice and raisins together, and pour it over the grated apples. Mix thoroughly to form your apple filling.
- Fill the pie crust with the apple filling and garnish it with more shredded coconut. Serve or refrigerate for later. If well-covered, it should keep for 2 days in your fridge.
This is no bake pie.