Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 12 muffins or 24 mini muffins
Serving Size: 1 regular muffin or 2 mini muffins
Courtesy Colette Haddad, Body Mind & Soul Inc.
- 1 cup nut butter (cashew, peanut, almond or sunflower seed)
- 2 medium sized bananas (The more ripe, the sweeter!)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla (try making your own!)
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey (or other sweeteners such as maple syrup, stevia, etc.)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
Toppings: dehydrated unsweetened coconut, raisins, flaxseed, dark chocolate chips, cinnamon, and/or anything else you
can think of. I added even more tupelo honey 😉 Feel free to lather on apple butter, strawberry preserves, or even more peanut butter. Ever heard of carrot jam? It’s very tasty with this snack, too!
- Preheat oven to 400o F.
- Place all ingredients into a blender or food processor. You can also use a stick blender if you have one.
- Blend until well mixed.
- Pour batter into a greased muffin tin. You can also use a mini muffin tin to make 24 mini muffins.
- Add additional toppings of your choice to each muffin and lightly stir into each cup
- Bake at 15 minutes for full size muffins and 10 minutes for mini muffins.