Yield: 12 bars
- 1⁄2 cup nut butter (such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter or Sunbutter)
- 1⁄4 cup honey or pure maple syrup (optional or as tolerated)
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄4 cup raw sunflower seed nuts
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chips (optional or as tolerated)
- 1⁄4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Lightly grease an 8”x8” square baking pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine the nut butter, honey, egg and salt. Stir until smooth and completely combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, nuts, chocolate chips, flax seed meal, chia seeds and sesame seeds. Pour the nut butter mixture into the almond flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Press mixture evenly into prepared baking pan and bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until golden brown around edges. Cool before cutting into bars